The Learn Cryptic Crosswords app
Learn how to solve cryptic crosswords on your smartphone or tablet.
Teazel's Learn Cryptic Crosswords is the world’s first interactive app for teaching this skill, and combines CZD Crosswords learning content with Teazel’s app design.
Download the first chapter for free
You can try the app by downloading the first chapter for free:
From The App Store for iPhones and iPads.
From Google Play for Android phones and tablets.
From Amazon for Kindle Fire.
Upgrading to the full application costs: GBP 4.99; USD 4.99; EUR 5.49.
Learning that’s fun for beginners
Learn Cryptic Crosswords uses the CZD Crosswords approach that makes learning easier and accessible for beginners, and the interactive experience makes it fun:
- start with the basics — six chapters take you step by step through every aspect of solving cryptic clues, starting with the basic ideas and easiest clues
- clear explanations — each type of clue is clearly explained, with examples and diagrams to illustrate key ideas
- interactive exercises — each topic is followed by interactive exercises and practice clues designed to reinforce learning points
- consolidate your learning — every chapter ends with practice puzzles to consolidate your learning
- develop your skills further — the last chapter explains how to develop your solving skills further. It ends with a selection of newspaper puzzles and is followed by an extensive set of reference tools to use when solving.
An enjoyable and stimulating pastime
Cryptic crosswords are fun to do and give the brain a good work out, exercising the memory and thinking skills, making new connections and extending vocabulary and general knowledge.
Find out more
Full details are available at www.learncrypticcrosswords.com.
There is also a review of the app at Crossword Unclued.